What is Underwriting?
WORT is a non-commercial community radio station supported by contributions and not by advertising. When you make a business contribution, your support is acknowledged on air; this is called underwriting.
Why Underwrite at WORT?
- WORT reaches over 30,000 avid listeners in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
- Underwriting will enhance your image as a participant in and supporter of the community.
- Our listeners are loyal to businesses that show support for community radio.
- Underwriting support is tax-deductible as advertising expense.
- Any donation includes a printed mention in WORT’s tri-annual newsletter, The Radio Pilot.
- Donors are also listed below with a link to your site.
- By placing your Underwriter Display Tile on our website, we help you gain exposure to thousands of visitors who will see your business logo, and who can reach your website with a simple click.
FCC Underwriting Guidelines
Underwriting Acknowledgements may Include:
- Business/organization name
- Address, phone number and/or website
- Listing and value-neutral description of up to 3 products and/or services
- Business/organization’s special event info: date, time, location, and description
- Established, non-promotional business slogan
Underwriting acknowledgements must be 20 seconds or less in length. Underwriting acknowledgements may not include references to sales or prices; inducements; incentives; calls to action (“go to…”, “come on out…”); comparative language (better, best, more complete); quantitative language (most, largest, complete); or qualitative language (great, excellent, awesome).
The station will work with you directly to compose the message listeners will hear, and to choose the times and programs on which it will air. Note: WORT does not air any announcement more frequently than once every three hours. This maintains WORT’s intent to not sound like commercial or public radio.
Current WORT Underwriters Include
222 W. Washington Ave
6848 Schneider Rd.
2090 Atwood Ave.
Broom Street Theater
1119 Williamson St.
1230 Regent St.
Burnie’s Rock Shop
901 E. Johnson St. (608) 251-2601
636 S. Park St. (608) 630-9419
Crystal Corner Bar
1302 Williamson St
155 E. Wilson St. Suite 100
Glass Nickel Pizza
2916 Atwood Ave. 245-0880
5003 University Ave. 218-9000
3191 Muir Field Rd. Fitchburg 848-4877
101 W. Main St. Sun Prairie 834-9919
Habitat for Humanity Restore
(608) 661-2813 east
(608) 442-9919 west
High Noon Saloon
701 E. Washington
3701 Orin Rd.
113 E. Mifflin St.
Madison Children’s Museum
100 N. Hamilton St.
Madison Essentials Magazine
310 Palomino Ln.
website: madisonsavoyards.org Marango Carpet Update
Maximum Ink Music Magazine
P. O. Box 3245
Overture Center for the Arts
201 State St
Parched Eagle Brew Pub
5440 Willow Road, Suite 112, Westport
1444 E. Washington Ave.
120 W Gorham St
Steep and Brew Coffee Roasters
855 E. Broadway
1900 Monroe Street
113 E. Mifflin Street
Token Creek Chamber Music Festival
155 East Wilson, Suite 100
Union Cab of Madison
2458 Pennsylvania Ave.
Williamson Street Grocery Co-op
1221 Williamson St. (608) 251-0884
6825 University Ave., Middleton (608) 284-7800
2817 N. Sherman Ave. (608) 709-5445
Wine & Hop Shop
1931 Monroe St.
Wisconsin Historical Society Press
816 State St.
For more information on Business Underwriting, or other ways to support WORT and gain some great exposure for your business, contact Doug Holtz, Business Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (608) 256-2001.